Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

#LeapReader Ready, Set, Read & Write Party Time

I received free LeapFrog products in order to host the the LeapFrog sponsored MommyParty.  The opinions expressed here are my own.

"Ready, Set, Read & Write Party Time!!

Oh me, Oh my!  I can't believe we were one of the very lucky ones to host such an amazing learning party thanks to LeapFrog and MommyParty!

Look at the amazing Party Pack that came in the mail to help with our party!!

We have always been huge LeapFrog fans at our house.  But we had never tried the LeapReader.  But that now has changed!  And we have changed our friends, families lives too.  And I am so proud;  The power of learning with LeapReader!!

What a great way to incorporate technology with learning.  The party we had this past Saturday was a HUGE Success.  I feel we made a great difference in many families and children's lives.

If you are not familiar with LeapReader let me tell you a little bit more about it.  It allows your child to learn to read and write.  It engages your child in fun and imaginative stories with exciting and lively character voices.  These stories help build your child's vocabulary skills and in turn grows reading comprehension skills. 

LeapReader offers interactive handwriting guidance to help your child learn to write on amazing mess free paper.  Not only does it help with handwriting it helps to develop listening comprehension skills with the numerous audio books that are available. 

The party pack we received gave me many party ideas.  But, I kept our party a secret til the big day.  And boy was it a huge surprise.  I couldn't believe the excitement.  The thrill to use a technology based learning system.

We started the party - (which was attended by children ages 4 through 9) with a Read, Write and Listen Lounge.  Our lounge was a nice corner area that I dressed up with big pillows and blankets.  That way the party guests could see and experience the LeapReader for the first time.

For the younger kids we did the Flash Card Mash-up.  It was a fun time for all.  We used the Learn to Read Flash Cards.  This game used the LeapReader Interactive Talking Words Factory Flash Cards.  It didn't take long for the kids to figure out how to use the 40 flash cards.  These 40 flash cards were able to make over 100 words!  Just amazing and I loved how it kept the children excited.

But when they were ready for something new, it was Writing Time with LeapReader.  They adored the magic writing paper.  I did too. What a great way to engage children and help them with their letter recognition.  The older children wanted to be part of this too, as the paper was magic.

To slow everyone back down (kind of) we did the T. Rex's Mighty Roar.  I did not have a small speaker to plug the LeapReader into, so we took turns in small groups.  Which actually was fun as the other children was excited for their turn and could enjoy some snacks.

This audio book experience was great.  I couldn't believe how into the story everyone became and interacted with it.  They answered follow up questions after the story very excitedly.  It was so much fun.  I can't wait to get more of the audio books for Christmas for my boys.

But, I think the highlight of the party was the children's 3-D experience with the LeapReader and Monsters University.  The 3-D glasses that were included brought the story to "real" life.  This fun adventure teached everyone nouns and verbs, deductive reasoning and position words.  Wow, something so exciting and fun - yet educational.

I was able to capture some after the party photos. 


As you can see, I am having problems getting my boys to stop learning with the LeapReader (is that a problem?).  Right now they look forward to interacting with it and even have a hard time putting it down to get some rest. 

You can learn more about the LeapReader system by visiting www.leapfrog.com/leapreader.

Personally I feel this would make the perfect Christmas gift.  I know we will be adding to our LeapReader collection...or should I say Santa will be. 

Learn more about the LeapReader and LeapFrog via social media:

Facebook
Twitter  - and if you hashtag #LeapReader on Twitter you can see what other great parties LeapReader was featured at.
YouTube  


I received free LeapFrog products in order to host the the LeapFrog sponsored MommyParty. The opinions expressed here are my own.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.