Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stonefire All Natural Naan FlatBreads Review

Personally this summer continues to lead me down an exciting path to health and wellness.  I have been making better food choices and working out on a daily basis.  And let me tell you...our record temps continue to challenge meal time at our house.

I hate heating up our house to prepare anything!  Plus with it being so hot, many times I am in search of something on the lighter side.  Like a salad and something to compliment it.

So when I found Stonefire Flatbreads on Facebook my mouth began to water. 

This All Natural Naan appeared it could and soon would be an welcome addition to our daily meals.
Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads is a family-owned bakery with over 40 years of experience.  They have a very simple mission: To make one of a kind, authentic flatbreads.  And I now can say from personal experience...they have succeeded!! 

Founded by the Ajmera family, Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads bake authentic naan, roti and pita breads using traditional baking methods and the finest natural ingredients. This flavorful business is located in Ontario Canada. I never had the privilege or experience to sample Naan before and wasn't quite sure what I had in store. 

I learned from Stonefire the key to creating authentically light and naturally smoky-tasting naan is heat.  In order to make Stonefire naan, they have created the world's largest commericial tandoor oven.  This oven is able to sear the naan which is required for true Indian flatbread.  I couldn't believe Stonefire naan is ready within seconds of being placed into this special oven.

So what did I think of the three different flavors of naan I received to review??

Two Thumbs up!!! (I would give it three, if I had three thumbs)

My favorite was the Whole Grain Naan.  It fit perfectly in to my NS meal plan.  I loved the light smoky flavor and the naan's texture.  It was perfect and delicious served warm.  I just lightly misted the Naan and popped it into the microwave for a few seconds.  I enjoyed it as a side with my main meal.

The Original Naan was also beautiful to look at and better to eat.  Naan is so versatile and makes a perfect dipping snack or appetizer.  It holds up very well to dips and sauces.  Any my boys love it!

The Fire Roasted Garlic Naan has flavor written all over it.  It smells delicious.  I haven't tried this flavor yet, it is currently in the freezer.  I am planning on using this naan as a pizza crust for a perfect garden veggie pizza.  I will have to let you know how it turns out.

The reason I placed our last package of Naan is the freezer is that Stonefire Naan is made with all natural ingredients and is perishable.  They recommend eating their Naan within 6 days or freezing it.

I love that Stonefire offers many other serving suggestions and recipes on their website

How would you enjoy Stonefire's Naan?  Head on over to their Facebook page and let them know.

Disclaimer: I was provided with a free samples of Stonefire naan products to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.