Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I am part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program!! Watch me Succeed!! #NSNation

I am a firm believer in Positive Thinking!  I believe keeping an upbeat attitude and prevailing over any and everything!  That is who I am and why I am here today!

I am a mid to upper 30's Mom of three beautiful boys...ages 3, 6 and 8 (my youngest two will be having a birthday very soon).  Here is a little of my history for those of you who don't know me.  After making up my mind on a career when I was in High School, I made my plan and worked towards that goal every day.  I believed in myself and what I knew I could accomplish.  Four and half years later I graduated with honors from college.  Within three months of graduation, I landed my dream job!  I was on my way.  I was physically at the top of my game.  I worked out all time and running was my favorite thing to do.

I met my now husband who also shared a career in common.  We worked out together and loved our active routine.  We tried to conceive with no luck for two years.  I was diagnosed with endometriosis with lead to an abdominal surgery.  By the grace of God we were finally pregnant.  It was a challenging pregnancy with many complications, ending in a C-section.  I gained over 50 pounds and was thrilled to be a Mom, finally.

We decided to try for another child as soon as possible, as the Doctors didn't hold much hope.  To our great surprise, I was still breast feeding our new baby who was now 9 months old and we were pregnant again.  So least to say I hadn't lost my pregnancy weight.  So another complicated pregnancy and a lot of weight gain and a C-section..but another beautiful son was born.

Within the next few years my weight slowly came off and I was just getting comfortable at how active I was and the way my body.  It felt great to see my body, look how I felt.  Then God gave us a HUGE surprise.  We were pregnant again!  Within a few weeks of finding out we were pregnant, I had the typically tests run.  My Doctor found out at that time I had Cervical Cancer!  It was such a shock, but I remained positive and knew I we would meet this challenge head on and prevail along with our next child...as this child saved my life!

Well another VERY complicated pregnancy and C-section....our family was complete.  Months later I had to undergo major surgery to remove the cancer and it was successful.  So least to say at that point, I could have cared less how I looked...I was alive!  It was a challenging year adjusting to all the trauma and surgeries to my body.  And then almost a year later to that date I had another major surgery because my Doctor found a mass.  Everything ended up okay and the cancer hadn't come back.  But, it was again a along road of recovery.

I was finally able to start taking care of myself and began running again.   It felt like heaven.  I had a long way to get my body back but I was on my way!  Until too much running lead to major knee surgery and so my new battle has began...but I will prevail. 

It has been over 1 1/2 years since my knee surgery and my knee is definitely not the same.  I haven't been able to get back into running.  My knee retains fluid and causes me pain.  I have found some fun workout videos that I do enjoy, but miss being hands on active like I always have been and so does my body.  I do these videos and then my knee bothers me and it takes me a few weeks to start working out again.  So slowly my body has transformed into someone I don't even know anymore.  I feel like that very active person I have always been, but when I look in the mirror it is like I am looking at a stranger.

I am ready to find myself again and to be proud of who I see looking back at me in the mirror.  I know my mid section will never look the same after all I have been through and I am okay with that!  I really am, as I wear my scars with pride because I am a Cancer Survivor.

But I will prevail and find my comfort zone again.  I will find my body again and maintain a healthier weight with the help of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program!!  I am so excited to be part of this amazing four month weight loss journey.  I will be blogging weekly with my adventures and stumbles. 

I am just waiting for my frozen and shelf stable foods to arrive so I can began.  And let me tell you it was a blast picking out my shelf stable foods.  I couldn't believe the choices and the snacks too!  Now I just need some support because I know when my Nutrisystem Program arrives I am going to have to weigh in and measure myself.  That is going to be very scary for me; To actually see numbers as to what my body has become.  But I will prevail and make my body healthier and happier. 

Come join me on my journey!

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem?  Join today by calling 1-888-852-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog.

Disclaimer: Nutrisystem is provided me with free meals, program and support for 4 months
of their product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if
I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Colleen! You have been through a lot with those babies of yours! You are going to do great on Nutrisystem. Have you thought about a water exercise class? It will be much easier on your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of support mglawler, it means alot. Great idea about the water exercise class. My problem is our community is pretty small and limited with its resources. My day job is very time consuming, but I love it. In turn it leaves me very little time to be homewith my boys and husband. That is why physical exercise that I can accomplish at home it the best...I wait for the boys to go to bed or get up early in the morning before work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on the plan for 4 months now, and it is truly changing my life. I am 35 lbs (about 40 more to go), but I just FEEL like my old self again. I am more motivated than ever! Definitely check out the discussion boards - I didn't think I would use them at all, but I now visit them every day, and post actively.

    Good luck on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's some story! God has been good to you! I have a similar issue, but I have PCOS and we have been TTC for 6+ years with no luck. PCOS has caused me to gain a lot of weight so I may just be joining you on this!

    Best of luck to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow reading your story brings tears to my eyes. I to can relate with you and the stranger in the mirror. And your right keep up that positive thinking. I am also blogging about my Nutrisystem Journey and will follow you during yours. We could all use a little support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your post.. Glad that I have visited here. Keep up the great work. piknu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.