Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Little Angel called home 3 years ago yesterday....

A Little Angel watching over all of us.....

It is amazing  how slowly but quickly the last 3 years have went.  Many tears have been shed and also in return the smiles have found there way back into our lives.  Remembering the moments we had with KK, a special and loving child who was called back to God at the young age of 5.
They brought KK cute suckers to celebrate her life yesterday.
The visits to her grave has gotten a little easier with the smiles now out numbering the sobs.  We always talk about the life lasting memories....she loved the colors pink and purple....she LOVED candy any time of the day or night....she loved to scare her Pre-school teacher with rubber snakes (I am laughing and smiling, remembering those times)...Here last birthday party her on earth at McDonalds.

"I'll lend you for a little time
A child of Mine." He said. "For you to love the while she lives And mourn for when she's dead. It may be six or seven year Or twenty-two or three But will you, till I call her back Take care of her for Me?
She'll bring her charms to gladden you
And should her stay be brief, You'll have her lovely memories As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay Since all from Earth return, But there are lessons taught down there I want the child to learn. I've looked this wide world over In my search for teacher's true, And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you; Now will you give her all your love, Nor think the labour vain Nor hate Me when I come to call And take her back again?
 
I fancied that I heard them say, "Dear Lord, They will be done, For all the joy Thy child shall bring, For the risk of grief we'll run. We'll shelter her with tenderness, We'll love her while we may, And for the happiness we've known, Forever grateful stay. But should the angels call for her Much sooner than we planned, We'll brave the bitter grief that comes And try to understand."
NEVER FORGOTTEN

9 comments:

  1. Tough day for us at Little Angels as well. What an awesome little one and our lives are much richer for having known her! Thanks for the post!! Miss Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Jill the newspaper memorial was very sweet and the balloons on her bench you made were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even fathom your loss or the strength it takes to push forward. Sending you a virtual hug and so many wishes for brighter tomorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear. Keep thinking about the good memories. Know that she is in God's arms watching and waiting for you. How did you think of her name? I only ask because my name is Kay Lynn. God bless you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay M - Kay Lynn was just like a daughter to us. She was best friends of our oldest son and my husband and I work with her father. We did may things with her including our children attended daycare with her at her Grandmother's...We considered her family. So I am not sure how they came up with her special name...we all called her KK. Now our angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eyes are blurry from the tears. So sorry. She is an Angel, and sure am glad she is in God's arms. I love the prayer and the Beautiful Breathtaking Monument. Bless all of you for keeping her in your hearts.
    Kathleen Quinlan

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{HUGS}} That is one of my favorite poems... I read it at my brothers funeral, it always makes me feel better. I still have my hard days and he passed almost 20 years ago. I could not imagine the loss of a child. I wish your friends the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are with you today. Its such a sad thing to lose a child but the prayer included above explains it all. Thank you for being there to take care of her while she was with us and putting smiles on her face. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.