Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Activity Focusing on Positive Events

Valentine's Day is about showing the people in our lives that we care for them. I found this great activity on Fishful Thinking and the boys and I are going to work on this activity this weekend. Here is what you do: Find a photo of your family that captures a happy experience and share it before Valentine's Day.

This is the way we are going to share our photos:

We are going to glue the photo in the center of a piece of paper (Shaped like a Heart - of course for Valentine's Day).

Next I will help my four year old by filling the paper with words and phrases that describe that experience. I am going to let my six year old write his own words - we call it "kid writing" - he loves to do that and it makes him feel like he is growing up (which he is too fast :( )

I am going to make my own heart with a photo. I am planning on putting the pages together in an album.

What a great way to create a personal memory book that can be looked at time and time again - especially next Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

http://fishfulthinking.repnation.com/Log.ashx?a=2&i=431&r=4763d707-5829-405d-b922-d8a3310fd862

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Fishful Thinking Blog. I hope you learned something new and visit again soon.